Epson P5000 – 09.26.06
I told myself I wasn’t going to get caught up in PhotoKina madness and for the first time in many years, I’m not checking constantly for new releases. Thankfully, I have some good friends at PhotoKina keeping me in the loop. Epson today announced the P3000 & P5000. Here’s the specs, it’s the LCD & transfer speed that have me instantly requesting the P5000. It will rock for a new book project I’ve started.
- Large Four-inch LCD: View and share images and videos with precise clarity and detail in 640 x 480 high-resolution.
- Worldâ€™s First Four-Color LCD: New Photo Fine Ultra technology offers the worldâ€™s first four-color filter system of red, blue, emerald green and yellow green, rather than the standard three-color LCD technology; capable of displaying over 16.7 million colors, enabling images to be reproduced more accurately than ever before.
- High Capacity Hard Drive: Download, view and store thousands of JPEG and RAW photos, or videos and music with either a 40GB (P-3000) or 80GB (P-5000) hard disk drive.
- Adobe RGB Color Space Support: Supports images taken in Adobe RGB and a wide color gamut reproduces 88 percent of Adobe RGB color space.
- Expanded File Support: Supports image files (JPEG, EXIF and select RAW files), video files (MPEG4, Motion JPEG and DivX) and audio files (MP3 and AAC).
- Faster Download Speeds: New processor provides speeds up to 250 percent faster than previous models.
I wasn’t provided nor could find any photos of the new units, but I’m sure someone will post them in the next day or two.