NX2 2.2 released
Nikon has posted version 2.2 of Capture NX2. You can find both platforms here. What’s new? You can now, finally, process P6000 Raw files. Hurrah! It also offers increased batch processing speed, Axial Color Aberration correction function and other new functions. Here’s the long list:
Modifications enabled with 2.2.0:
- Support for NRW-format RAW images captured with the COOLPIX P6000 has been added. Capture NX 2 Picture Controls are compatible with digital-SLR Picture Controls. As Picture Controls built into the COOLPIX P6000 are COOLPIX Picture Controls, modifying Picture Control settings with Capture NX 2 will not produce the same colors as in-camera Picture Controls.
- Some changes have been made to the file-type filter on the toolbar.
- An Axial Color Aberration correction function has been added to the Camera & Lens Corrections portion of the Edit List’s Develop section. With the addition of the Axial Color Aberration correction function, other function labels have been modified as follows:
- Auto Color Aberration in the Camera & Lens Corrections portion of the Edit List’s Develop section has been changed to Auto Lateral Color Aberration.
- The Color Aberration Control… option, selected from the Adjust menu> Correct, has been renamed Lateral Color Aberration.
- An Auto Distortion correction function has been added to the Camera & Lens Corrections portion of the Edit List’s Develop section.
- Batch processing speed has been increased.
- When a batch process was applied to images stored on an external hard disk, processing order was performed in the order the images were created. Processing order has been modified so that images are now processed in alphabetical order by file name.
- When the Adjust menu> Light> Auto Levels… option was applied to images captured with the D3X, in some rare cases, the enhanced images had a blue cast. This issue has been resolved.
- When RAW images captured with the D60 with Active D-Lighting enabled were opened, in some rare cases, the images did not display properly. This issue has been resolved.
- When the color eyedropper tool was selected in the Color Picker dialog to choose a color from an image displayed full screen, the mouse cursor did not always switch to the color eyedropper cursor. This issue has been resolved.
- When negative (-) signs were entered in enhancement step numerical text boxes in the Edit List, the signs were displayed in red and then changed to 0 after a few seconds. This issue has been resolved.
- When the mouse cursor was moved over the Tone Curve item in the Quick Fix portion of the Edit List’s Develop section while a separate application was active, Capture NX 2 was activated (brought to the forefront). This issue has been resolved.
When a monitor utilizing a monitor profile with a name that included 2-byte characters was used, colors were not correctly displayed. This issue has been resolved.
- When Cancel was clicked while opening multiple images that had been enhanced and then saved in NEF format with Capture NX 2, enhancement steps were removed from the Edit List for the images that did open. This issue has been resolved.
- When Capture NX Ver. 1.X was deleted after installing an upgrade version of Capture NX 2 and entering the Capture NX 2 product key, the dialog requesting the product key was displayed when Capture NX 2 was next started, but the OK button could not be clicked, even when the product key was entered again. This issue has been resolved.