I just ordered more prints from them and you’ll see some of mine featured in this piece just. Image Wizards Rocks!
Here’s some more details!
2013 Share the Season Photo Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER.
1. Eligibility: Contest is open to anyone 18 or older at the time of entry. Employees of B&H and WRP or their affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their immediate family members, are not eligible to enter the Contest or to participate in the voting process. Contest is governed by the laws of the USA. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
2. Entry: Entry for the Contest begins on Nov. 20 2012 and ends on Jan. 31, 2013. All entries must be uploaded by Jan. 15, 2013. To enter, you must have your image uploaded (website address TBA) by 15 Jan, 2013 to compete. Judging will be done solely by Moose Peterson and winners will be announced Jan. 31, 2013. To be considered for entry, along with your photograph going with the theme of the contest, you must include camera, lens, location used in the creation of the photograph. In addition, you must include at least three sentences about the taking of the photograph. You can enter as many times as you’d like but more entries does not improve your odds of winning.
3. Rights: You retain all rights to your images. By entering you agree to permit your image and details to be posted on Moose Peterson’s website as a contest highlight.
4. Categories: there is only one, Share the Season. The photograph must be taken during the duration of the contest and cannot be from earlier dates. The season can be everything from fall / winter to the holidays or combination thereof.
5. Judging: is done by only me, Moose Peterson with all decisions final.
6. Prizes: Top prize Nikon D600. (Other prizes TBA)
7. Shipping: The prizes will be shipped within the US free of charge. All winners outside of the USA are responsible for all shipping, taxes and tariffs where they apply.
8. Email & Phone Calls: in regards to the contest are automatic grounds for disqualification. (kidding…maybe)
9. Rules: might change at any moment, it’s my contest and it’s all about fun!
Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify the Contest at any time for any reason. In such a circumstance, Finalists Category Winners and Grand Prize Winner will be selected based on entries received to date of termination. In the event that two similar entries are received, only the entry judged to best meet criteria as set by Moose Peterson will be included in the final judging. All prizes will be awarded.
All Finalists, Category Winners and the Grand Prize Winner will be notified by email within one week of the closing date.
I’ve worked with many artists in my day, had my images used as reference by the best but none make me smile like Patrick! This “painting” from one of my Bald Eagle images is just OUTSTANDING! Check it out and more here!
The beauty of iMags and iBooks is you can update them, something we like to take advantage of. So our latest digital edition of the BT Journal now has additional video content. The hardcopy should be mailed to folks within the month. mtc
Taking Flight – Your Start in Aviation Photography bought in 13 countries, that is so cool! Folks continue to buy and best of all, write us about out ground breaking iBook from around the globe. It is just so cool! Many have found it’s a photography book just as much about photography as it is about aviation photography and that was the whole idea. Most are really digging how Brent put it together making learning funnier, cooler and easier. That was the idea as well. And many have found the offer earlier this month about receiving an autographed cover when they email me their iTunes receipt asking if we”re still making that offer. How can I say no to all of those great emails! As long as you’re in North America (sorry, mailing out of country is just too expensive anymore), email me your receipt up until 11.03.12 and we’ll send you an autographed cover (those who did so in the last couple of weeks, your covers go out Monday). Thanks to all who have made this iBook such a hit! And wait…there’s mtc!
- Optimized for the New iPad! Enjoy the highest resolution possible.
- Compatible with all iPads (if using an original iPad, please be patient during use)
- Hundreds of images, from best to worst, so you know exactly what works and what does not
- Detailed captions. Know everything there is about the image you are looking for
- Videos on key techniques like Adobe Camera Raw and Photoshop, with more to come. Go beyond words!
You might wanna click on the photo, it will answer some of your printing questions
I’ll be speaking at Calumet Photo today and would love to see you there! I’m talking wildlife, aviation, sports, flash, video, fun, inspiration and how YOU can do it! We’re at 22 West 22nd Street,New York starting at 6pm and over at 8pm. I want to thank Lexar and Calumet for bringing me in and providing me the opportunity to meet you! Come by and say hi!
Hey guys! Brent here, filling in for dad while he’s on the road. Even on the road, we got some great new content for ya that Moose thought you would like to know about!
Today we are releasing a minor updates to Taking Flight which includes videos on Hand Holding, Panning, Sensor Cleaning, and Wrist Bands. It’s just a taste of some of the things we have planned to add to the book in time to come.
Simply open up your copy of Taking Flight while connected to the internet, and it will ask if you would like to update now or later.
Kinda stuck in Boston so went for a walk this evening with the D600. It’s been a rainy, drizzly day so finally just before beer time we went for a stroll. I took the D600 with a 24f1.4 attached just for fun and to get use to it. There was no light but I shot anyways. The first thing I noticed was it’s a great feeling camera! And when you shoot with it, it has the old time, F3 clunk when it fires. I like that. What you see here is a HDR, 3 image HDR. Ya, while Nikon gave the D600 the ability to disconnect the camera and flash exposure comp, they only gave it a 3 image bracketing system. That aside, my initial, (repeat initial) feeling is a really like the D600 files. The 14bit Nef is 31MB of gorgeous info. So it’s like all photography, the ying and the yang and so far, the pros out definitely out weighing the cons.
Heyya…A little good news…to all you have pinged saying my Facebook page was maxed out on friends, well my team (Brent’s better half) is updating the page so everyone can now “Like” the page and become a friend with no limits. The bad news, the page won’t be the same with some info, photos and other stuff missing. So bare with us, we’ll get ‘er back up and working so we can continue on talkin socially. Thanks for the continued support! And thanks Katt!